Friday, November 9, 2012

36 Weeks

How far along? 36 weeks!  

Size of Baby: Although it varies and isn't quite accurate according to The Bump, the peanut is now approximately the size of a honeydew melon…which is equivalent to about 17.2 - 18.7 inches long and weighs around 4.2 - 5.8 pounds.  

Maternity Clothes: I bought some new cardigans (minus the buttons) that I can wear pre and post baby.  It's been too much of a pain to squeeze into my sweatshirts at night and I dont always love wearing oversized hoodies all the time.

Gender: TEAM BLUE

Belly Button In/Out: Still in :)

Stretch Marks: Hopefully more will go away soon!

Labor Signs: I did have a bit of a rush of energy the other day, but I chalk that up to being stuck in the house for so many days without power.  Once we got it back I needed to get rid of the accumulated laundry and dishes! Other than that, I haven't been super comfy in a while. Sucks.

Movement:  He's loosing space quickly - and because of that he hasn't been quite as jumpy lately.  I did see a foot kick out in a desperate attempt for more room.

Sleep: The bane of my existence.

Cravings/Aversions: Still loving my chocolate milk, lemonade and ice cream.  The flavor of the week is cookies and cream.  

Symptoms:  I have successfully made it to 36 weeks without morning sickness! Let's just hope this sticks for the remainder of this pregnancy.  More pain lately, not fun.

Feeling: So sore!!!  Getting up is a challenge and trying to do a day of shopping is more like a workout these days.  Forget bending over to get any items on the bottom shelf.  If I can't reach it, we don't get it (unless Steve is out with me to grab it!)

Best Moment this Week: Power restored!!!!!  I can take hot showers with lights on. Woo hoo. Clean clothes!  :D It's the little things (I am sure I will totally take it for granted, just give me another week or two).

What I Miss: Getting up into an upright position in less than a minute.

What I am Looking Forward To: A day off from work WITH power at the house - hopefully something FUN to do this time...

Milestones: Baby and I got the chance to vote together this week. ;)

Baby Milestones: Baby is shedding the fine hair that covered and protected his skin and is developing meconium.  By the end of the week he will be considered full-term.

Next Appointment: Friday, November 16th and I'll be 37 weeks.  Then an Ultrasound two (holy crap) weeks before our Due Date on November 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment