Thursday, November 22, 2012

38 Weeks

How far along? 38 weeks!  

Size of Baby: Although it varies and isn't quite accurate according to The Bump, the peanut is now approximately the size of a pumpkin…which is equivalent to about 18.9 - 20.9 inches long and weighs around 6.2 - (7) - 9.2 pounds.  My fingers are crossed he also doesn't have a big head!

Maternity Clothes: What else.

Gender: TEAM BLUE

Belly Button In/Out: Still in :)

Stretch Marks: I can't wait to be rid of them. But they are the least of my complaints.
Labor Signs: Braxton hicks are no joke - that and some pretty painful cramping as well.  I have pretty much hit 7 of the 10 most accurate signs of imminent labor, so who knows how much longer he will bake.  His positioning so low in my pelvis has gotten to the point where it can be extremely painful to walk for very long or get up/down from a seated position.  Forget rolling over in bed, thats downright torture and has been for a few weeks.  I've experienced acid reflux/heart burn (not sure exactly what it is) but damn, that isn't any fun either!! 

Movement:  He's still pretty active and keeps shaking his butt!

Sleep: What's that? I wish I had some.

Cravings/Aversions: Lots of lemonade this last week, and starting to slow down on chocolate milk.  Trying to avoid the ice cream, it's too tasty.

Symptoms:  I have successfully made it to 38 weeks without morning sickness! Let's just hope this sticks for the remainder of this pregnancy.  More pain lately, not fun.

Feeling: So ready to be done, I've been exhausted the last few weeks and its just getting more difficult to get up and walk around.

Best Moment this Week: Seeing the little one on ultrasound, for the last time! He's weighing in at approximately 7 pounds which puts him in the 50th percentile.  Not too shabby, hope its accurate!

What I Miss: We're getting close so I am looking forward to enjoying a few things soon!

What I am Looking Forward To: Getting the house all clean (maids, YAY!) before he arrives.

Milestones: Well past full term, he could arrive at any time now.  And it surely feels like it with all the braxton hicks/cramping!

Baby Milestones:  He now has developed muscle tissue enough so he can have a firm grasp of his hand. His organs have fully matured.

Next Appointment: Monday, November 26th and I'll be 38 weeks 3 days (this appointment was pushed back because of Thanksgiving).

No comments:

Post a Comment