It would have been nice to reach the 6 week mark feeling good. Now, I'm not talking in terms of the pregnancy, oh no, its much worse... Last weekend the hubby and I worked outside in the garden and painting. He was so glad to get a lot accomplished on his birthday and it felt good to get some of the major projects out of our way. Well, little did I know what was in store. I sat down on Monday night to enjoy some TV and get a little work done. I noticed that I was feeling a little warm and went to change clothes. It was then that I discovered the rash. It didn't itch and was relatively benign, at the time. The rash developed into a full fledged break out the next day. I had gotten poison ivy on my face, ears, arms, legs and back. I USED to have some immunity from the stuff, but I am not sure if the hormones exacerbated things or I was just plain unlucky. I've also since learned that the root of poison ivy is MUCH worse than the leaves. Just keep that in mind if you find yourself pulling an unknown vine root system out. Ugh.
So in attempts to locate the best treatment I spent days scrubbing, showering, putting on calamine, putting on a baking soda and vinegar mixture, covering the oozing blisters on my back with surgical gauze, taking Benadryl, and trying not to scratch - in vain. Now, here I sit on Friday the 13th at my 6 week mark feeling less itchy, but catching up with the nauseous feeling that I get from the smell of calamine lotion not.


No comments:
Post a Comment