We arrived at the doctors office 15 minutes early, expecting to fill out some paperwork before being brought back. Unfortunately when its so early in the morning things don't always work that way. We had to wait for quite a while before the nurse brought us back and sent Steve into the exam room so she and I could get through some of the mundane tasks first. We finished up and waited for the doctor, who I hadn't seen before. The OB was very chipper when she came into the room and got down to business.
She quickly identified where the little bean was on the ultrasound and made quick work of the measurements. Even though the little one measured a bit behind our EDD of 12/7/12 she kept our due date the same. Finally came the heart beat. We saw it on the screen first, it was quite strong. When she turned the audio on I was so surprised at how loud it was! I was in a bit of shock so I forgot to ask what the heart rate was, but since she said everything looked perfect, I wasn't too worried.
After the ultrasound she gave us the first pictures to take home with us, but before we could leave I was ushered into the lab where 9 tubes of blood were taken. Ouch! Steve was lucky because I sent him to wait in the waiting room so he didn't have to see the needles (this time).


No comments:
Post a Comment