Thursday, August 9, 2012

23 Weeks



I got this idea from another blog that I read and thought we might get a kick out of attempting to accomplish this each week.

How far along? 23 weeks!  

Size of Baby: Although it varies and isn't quite accurate according to The Bump, the peanut is now approximately the size of a grapefruit…which is equivalent to about 10.5 inches long and weighs around 12.7 ounces. This is also about the length and weight of a Harry Potter book.  This is the same as last week and looks like the same for next week, so not sure how they are accounting for growth.

Maternity Clothes:
 I made the plunge a few weeks ago to just jump in and go for it.  I've been wearing maternity jeans and I am SO much happier on that long commute home. No more pants digging in and pushing him into me further.

Gender: TEAM BLUE! We are about 99% sure of his first name, and still making progress on his middle name and have that narrowed down to about 3 choices. But we are keeping it a surprise until his Birthday :)

Belly Button In/Out: Still in :)

Stretch Marks: Unfortunately.

Labor Signs: Not even close. 

Movement: I'm feeling it pretty much on a constant basis now.  Especially in the morning or evening when I am laying flat of my back.  So far I have been feeling him on the outside and inside and I am waiting for Steve to feel his first kick.  I haven't seen any arms or legs yet either.

Sleep: Thankfully the bathroom trips have been subsiding and I am able to get a full night's sleep.  Although some mornings I wake up at the crack of dawn ready to jump out of bed - this has gone away a bit lately and I am able to just sleep and sleep.  I think I've been sleeping more soundly since being pregnant too. Which is REALLY nice.

Cravings/Aversions: The staples are still there. Asian: Thai, Chinese, Japanese etc are still there and then of course theres the Mexican and salty foods I've been after for a while now.  See the post from Thursday about my cravings on Tues and Wed for icing though...

Symptoms:  I have successfully made it to 23 weeks without morning sickness! Let's just hope this sticks for the remainder of this pregnancy.  There are other issues that I've bee feeling though, some pulling every now and again but it's a good sign that he is growing well, exhaustion in the late afternoons (I could just sleep and sleep), and generally feeling uncomfy.  But the lake always helps!

Feeling: Steve and I are both so surprised that things have been going so well.  With my history of general maladys it is so nice that I haven't had many headaches, especially because I can't rely on my trusty Advil or Excedrin.  My feet can always use a nice rub, and thankfully I have the best hubby ever that takes care of them.  And luckily for everyone else I haven't been on any real hormonal rages (just a few frustrating days here and there at work - but thats normal).

Best Moment this Week: Getting my new diaper bag. I am so excited about it.  The only problem is I am already having wierd nesting urges to get it stuffed and ready...  Not. Normal.

What I Miss: I am still craving alcohol.  Steve did find some good subsitutes though! I enjoed a nice glass of dealcoholized red wine the other night.  It had a bit of a bite that made it taste closer to the real stuff. Also, sushi.  I would die if I could have a piece of fresh salmon sahsimi!! Yum...   :(

What I am Looking Forward To: Getting the nursery all set up with all the fun stuff we bought.  I am getting anxious for the end of summer when we agreed to move out the old furniture and replace the carpet.

Milestones: Over halfway through this pregnancy. Feeling kicks outside instead of just inside.

Baby Milestones: Baby boy can hear my voice all day and music, he can also tell how I move or if I am dancing!  Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, he is even practicing breathing with the amniotic fluid.  Sounds his ears pick up are preparing him for the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as the dogs barking or noises of the vacuum cleaner or even boat — won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb later on.

In the next four weeks he will double in weight again! Oh boy... literally.

Next Appointment: Friday, August 17th and I'll be 24 weeks on the dot. Unfortunately no more fun doctor visits, all the ultrasounds are out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment