We are slowly acquiring little decorations for the nursery as well. This just showed up (also from Etsy) that will match the theme and the decor perfectly!! The artest made three to fit in with the Pottery Barn Madras room and I'm so glad I found them. Also, when Steve and I were out last weekend we found an awesome deal at this neat wood shop in Chester. They had plenty of unfinished furniture and other items in this jampacked place. In the far corner I found the best item though! It was a 5'9" wooden boat shelf, unfinished with matching paddles. We are going to stain and paint it for his room to match the navy and white.
Also at the wood shop we found a really cool hand carved chain that we will hand up behind the crib and attach the signal flags spelling out his name. Very excited to get this piece up. Steve is going to make an anchor to attach to it and spray paint it to look like iron.
Like this:
Then I found these curtain end-pieces that looked like monkey fist roping.
My Mom ordered this piece which we had our eye on. I think Steve wants to paint it green so it pop's a little more on the grey wall.
And finally I have had this one forever, its one of my own stuffed animals that has been living in the office for years now.
He's not quite as intimidating as the alligator that Grandpa kept under the pool table in their house to keep us away (and occasionally sunk in the pool outside!!) Just a litte stitching and he will be all set, as long as the pups stay away. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment