Thursday, August 9, 2012

Frustrated and Craving


I don't know about you, but seeing images of food tends to make me hungry.  And when I am frustrated with something and then have memory recall of those yummy snacks I tend to get a *little* more annoyed.  So after being frustrated with people/situations all day long at work the other day I decided I had had enough. I gave in.  This craving was different than all the Mexican food that I've been eating over my usual fare. I didn't want it. I needed it.

So much so that I broke into the package of confectioner's sugar, skim milk, vanilla extract, and butter and actually made buttercream frosting from scratch.  (of course I needed an icing delivery device so I made Steve and I two chocolate cookies each). It was perfect.  I ended up happy and satisifed and much, much less annoyed.  And the little alien living in my stomach ended up doing flips he was so happy. (or at least he just got a major sugar rush)

Lesson learned. When a strong craving comes on, just go with it and be happy. :)  That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment