How far along? 24 weeks!
Size of Baby: Although it varies and isn't quite accurate according to The Bump, the peanut is now approximately the size of a cantaloupe…which is equivalent to about 10.5 inches long and weighs around 12.7 ounces. According to today's doctor visit he is measuring right on track and my uterus is now three inches above my belly button - soon enough he is going to be punching me in the lungs...
Maternity Clothes: I am enjoying wearing leggings more, not too flattering but super comfy without too much pressure.
Gender: TEAM BLUE!
Belly Button In/Out: Still in :)
Stretch Marks: Unfortunately.
Labor Signs: Not even close.
Movement: This last week has been interesting. I've been sitting in a training class and I am constantly being 'interrupted' by little kicks and movement when I am sitting to still. That or I was so bored I felt every little thing. Today's doctor appointment was humorous as well, when the NP placed the doppler she got a swift kick for disturbing him. Sounds like stubbornness already runs in the family. ;)
Sleep: Last night wasn't the best example, I think it's time for a new mattress. The bed at the hotel, although more firm, was much more pleasant to sleep on and when I got home, it wasn't very comfy any more. :(
Cravings/Aversions: It's actually hard for me to think of anything that I want to eat these days. I just can't come up with good ideas for dinner.
Symptoms: I have successfully made it to 24 weeks without morning sickness! Let's just hope this sticks for the remainder of this pregnancy. I've been having quite a bit of round ligament pain which the doc said was normal, but man that HURTS!
Feeling: A bit tired this week, but generally pretty good.
Best Moment this Week: Finding out that I do get another ultrasound, although thats not until 38 weeks and we will be SO close anyways. Apparently they like to determine the size of the baby at that point to ensure that a regular deliver is ok. ALSO, Steve ripped out the carpet from the nursery and front steps and moved all the old furniture out to prepare the room. I wasn't expecting him to do this (especially so soon) so when he called from home to tell me about it, it was a nice surprise. Too bad the company didn't have the carpet in stock. Oh well, something to look forward to for next week!
What I Miss: Getting up and down like a normal person. Using my stomach muscles has become more of an issue this week.
What I am Looking Forward To: Getting the carpet installed in the nursery, Steve has been on a roll.
Milestones: Lots of movement this week! In no time Steve will get to feel/see him.
Baby Milestones: Taste buds are continuing to develop and his lungs are becoming more advanced. He is developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as wella s cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate later on. Although his skin is still translucent, ti is starting to change. On the growth checklist his ears and fingernails are fully formed. One more exciting fact, at this point he would be viable if for some reason he decided to come way too early.
Next Appointment: Friday, September 14th and I'll be 28 weeks on the dot. This is the last (I hope) big blood work appointment.


No comments:
Post a Comment